7th International Forum on Teacher Education
“Teacher Education: New Challenges and Goals”
May 26-28, 2021
1st International Early Career Educational Researchers’ Conference
May 25, 2021
- presentation of cutting-edge educational research on teacher education, discussion of new challenges and goals of teacher education systems around the world;
- exchange of the best Russian and international innovative educational practices and related problems in the teacher education field;
- enhancement of academic partnerships among Russian and overseas educators, scientists, policy-makers.
International conferences of IFTE-2021:
- Teachers for children with special educational needs
- Education trajectories in the time of extremes
- Training teachers as moral agents in the 21st century
The conference sub-themes:
- A teacher in an inclusive education setting.
- Effective models, approaches, and methods for training SEND teachers.
- Treatment for disruptive behavior disorders in children with SEND.
- Advanced educational technologies, methods, innovations, and best practices in teacher education in teaching children with SEND.
- Digitalization and educational technologies to raise attainment for SEND pupils.
- Integration and adaptation of children with SEND to the school environment and society.
- Inclusion for students with autism spectrum disorder.
- Equal educational opportunities for children with SEND outside of school: the role of NGO and local educational initiatives.
- Transition models for youth with disabilities.
- Teacher training in a time of extremes.
- Ensuring educational equity and social justice during the pandemic.
- Distance learning technologies in a time of extremes.
- Education in conflict-affected situations, insecurity and instability.
- Impact of extreme situations on children education and wellbeing.
- State policy and interventions in education in relation to extreme situations.
- Logistical, methodological, and ethical challenges of conducting research remotely.
- Homeschooling as an alternative to traditional school.
- Strategies of training teachers as moral agents in a modern world: Russian and international experience.
- Cultural and professional identity of a teacher in the modern school.
- Content of teacher education curriculum: new architectonics of educational programs to train teachers as moral agents.
- Matter of procedure in training teachers as moral agents: innovative methods and practices.
- Effective models of training teachers as moral agents in the 21st century
- Present-day dilemmas in teacher education.
IFTE-2021 will take place both on-campus and online on May 26 – 28, 2021. The 1st International Forum for Emerging Researchers in Education will be held on May 25, 2021 as part of IFTE-2021.
IFTE-2021 presents Russian and international scientists with a unique opportunity to present, discuss and promote original research in teacher education in a blended format of the Forum.
Languages of the Forum: Russian and English
The IFTE Forum is one of the largest scientific platforms in the world that focuses on the issues surrounding teacher education. The main goal of the Forum is to create and promote mechanisms for collaboration between Russian and foreign scholars in the field of teacher education. The IFTE organizers believe that the Forum presents an opportunity to display own innovations of Kazan Federal University, the only higher education establishment in Russia, among CIS and Western European countries that is ranked among 100 best universities in the subject area ‘Education’ (Times Higher Education World University Rankings, 2020, 2021).
IFTE-2020 gathered more than 800 scientists, educators, policy-makers in the field of education from 196 Russian and 79 foreign universities and scientific institutions from such countries as the USA, the UK, Spain, Australia, China, France, Austria, Portugal, Saudi Arabia and others. Within 10 days of IFTE-2020 its site was visited by 32,000 participants.
Forum proceedings were published in journals indexed in Scopus, Web of Science, Google Scholar, and RSCI databases. Outstanding research pieces are published in special issues of the journal “Education and Self-Development” (indexed in the Scopus database since 2018) and in foreign scientific journals (indexed in the Scopus and WoS databases). The Forum participants are advised to prepare their presentations in the English language.
- 500 word abstract with an additional 250 words for references.
- Maximum number of authors – 4 co-authors.
- Include the following information: research questions, research aim, methodology, results, conclusion and recommendations, 5-7 key words, references.
- Reviewing criteria: clarity of the focus of the research, originality of the research, rigor of the research, significance of the research for education practice, policy or theory.
- Abstracts are submitted via http://ifte.kpfu.ru/.The submission portal is open on December 1, 2020
The registration fee is paid after the acceptance letter is received. The registration fee is 1200 rubles for Russian and foreign participants. The fee includes the Forum Proceedings (indexed in the RSCI database), handouts, participation certificates, a cultural program, coffee breaks, the costs IT services, and copy editing services. There is a separate fee for scientific articles published in the journal indexed in Web of Science.
March 1, 2021 – initial registration and submission deadline
April 1, 2021 – acceptance/rejection notifications are sent out
April 10, 2021 – deadline to pay the participation fees
April 20, 2021 – deadline for uploading final papers (in Russian and/or English)
May 10, 2021 – the Forum Programme is available online.
Please check the conference website for more information or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for queries.